Monday, April 16, 2012

Skill building lego by lego

My instructor says most pieces of jewelry are like Legos.  Take any ring or pendant, etc and look at it closely, you will find it is is just made up of little pieces.  The trick and what makes the training I am taking so valuable (to me at least) is that it helps me understand how those pieces are put together.  My 12 week course started out with learning lots of basic skills.  These basic skills are the building blocks of jewelry.  Maybe I should get some pointers from Zachary on how to build with Legos. At first I was a bit shaky and definitely questioned my ability to learn these basics, but as the weeks have gone by, I have gained confidence in my skills.  Practice makes perfect as the saying goes.  Must keep practicing....
There's filing and piercing..This piece
is a pattern that I pierced and then
sawed out. 

Setting my first stones in a
4 prong setting(Yay!)


Assembling a head(this has 3 heads
soldered together) and a shank(base of ring)

1 comment: